Monday, May 24, 2010

The End

Last night was the end of a very significant period of my life. The LOST era. Is that strange to define eras in my life by TV shows? Whatever. I dont care.

Would you believe that I dismissed the first season of LOST (before even seeing an episode) based solely on the previews? I thought that it looked too much like an "alien" themed show, and I am SO not into aliens (I dont even like that alien movie that everyone loved with Mel Gibson and Joaquin Phoenix--what was it called again?).

So, I didnt watch the first season of LOST. That is, until I got obsessed with Blockbuster Online (similar to Netflix, but used to be so much better) and rented anything and everything I could get my hands on. One day, we decided to watch LOST. It was awesome. Even more awesome is that when you watch it on DVD, you can watch as many episodes in a row, no commercials, no stopping. And so in a little more than 24 hours, we had watched the first season, and we were addicted. That was in 2005.

We have had many watch groups over the course of the 6 seasons...LOST is so much better enjoyed in a group. And DVR is a MUST. Pause. "WTH just happened?" We have lived in 3 different states and lived in 6 different apartments since the beginning.

Needless to say, I was sad to see it end.

But WHAT?! Jack died? Everyone is happy and together again? I cried at least 3 times. Jen and Sun are finally together! And, naturally, nothing made me happier than seeing Des and Penny together! So many wonderful moments, but I have to admit, part of me was a little disappointed.

Why did they not answer more about the Island's mysterious properties, or how it came to be?

I suppose it was about the people all along. And, boy, was it AH-MAZING!

My summation of what happened: The plane really did crash, and their lives (crazy as they were) on the island were all real and actually DID happen. However, Jack never got off of the island, as some people did. They all died (whether on the island or back at home)and were all waiting for each other to die before moving on (like Christian explained to Jack). And, like they sort of explained, their sideways lives were the lives in between dying and "moving on."

RIP LOST. You will be missed.

PS: I have already watched the 2 1/2 hour finale 2 1/2 times. It gets better every time!

No comments:

Post a Comment