Thursday, June 24, 2010

Overloaded

There is a lot to discuss, so I am just going to dive right in:

Bridal Bootcamp on VH1. Sort of like a spin-off of Biggest Loser, but with desperate to lose weight for the wedding brides. Surprisingly good to watch, but none of the girls are even that heavy--just a few college lbs to get off before they have the wedding.

You're Cut Off, also another VH1 original, but they really missed the mark on this reality show. It is basically girls who are either gold diggers who have had everything given to them by rich old boyfriends, or rich daddy's girls. Either way, most of them look like men just dressed up as women. Plus, from what I have seen, no one gets eliminated each week and they dont seem to be working towards anything.

Obsessed, a new(er) show on A & E that comes on after Intervention (SIDE NOTE: new Intervention episodes start Monday!), is a show I have mixed feelings about. Basically follows people with OCD. My only beef with the show, which is why I probably wont continue to watch, is because the more I watch the show, the more I realize that maybe I am crazy and obsessed! I just dont want to learn MORE OCD habits from these people and slowly incorporate them into my own life! It scares me! Does anyone else feel that way? Wow. After re-reading that paragraph, I think I AM indeed a little off.

Bethenny Getting Married, yes I have been watching and just sort of interested. Why did Bethenny's jaw get amazingly HUGE when she got pregnant? I mean, jaws are such a weird place to gain weight?! I also caught parts of the 3 freaking part Real Housewives of NYC reunion, and am still confused about Kelly and her craziness. It just seems like it would be the most frustrating thing to try and make sense to her while she just makes up crazy things and tries to act like YOU are the crazy one!

Since summer TV, as we all know, is seriously lackluster, I tried to watch Last Comic Standing (I LOVE watching comediens, so I thought, why not?). The first episodes was just so-so...and I feel like they only show the people that they choose to go on to the next round so we dont see the bad people. However, the second episode--or maybe it was the 3rd, whatever the most recent was--stepped it up a little and had me laughing. The male judge with the glasses annoys the crap out of me, but I love the girl judge. Here is a funny part of her comedy show about Toilet Babies...because everyone loves I Didnt Know I Was Pregnant!
allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">

Moving on, another new show that I am disappointed in myself for starting is Persons Unknown. You know I love the scary stuff, and the preview totally sucked me in!!! Plus, it was On Demand when I was bored one night, so I watched. IT IS LAME! DO NOT WATCH! Seriously, watch that Comcast Dating on Demand channel before watching this show. The acting is terrible, and poor Cameron from Ferris Bueller is in it and he is BAD. Poor Cameron.

I am just now watching The City from this week, but I saw Audrina from The Hills on Regis and Kelly last week and she gave some insight on the editing that I was aware of, but in denial about... Remember 2 weeks ago in the episode where Audrina was maybe going to break up with Ryan Cabrera (he is so desperate it is sad!) and she showed up to the concert and started crying for no reason while he was singing love songs??? Weird and confusing, right? Well, on Regis and K, Audrina said that she had already broken up with Ryan at that point like 4 days previously, but they made her go to that concert and it was weird and lame and she felt bad and just started crying over the breakup---that had ALREADY HAPPENED! I hate that editing! And where have Heidi and Spencer been the last 2 eps of The Hills??? I passed a Crystal Shoppe in Beacon Hill the other day and had to really talk myself out of going in to buy a crystal to see what they are all about!!!

1 comment:

  1. I can't WAIT for new Intervention next week! I don't watch that "other show" (obsessions), but I do know that I am a bit OCD too. I really think everyone can be a bit OCD and ADHD at one point or another. I am typing this comment as I am standing because I can't sit still and I am tapping each foot 3 times. Lyndsay, if anyone laughs at that, it will be you!! haha..

    ReplyDelete