Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Next Big Thing

If you liked MTV's reality series "Fat Camp" and even "Return to Fat Camp" (as I did, of course), then you will more than likely be interested in tuning in to ABC Family's (am I the only mid-20 year old who watches that channel religiously?) new hit show HUGE. It is basically a fiction version of Fat Camp, and it is awesome. The "pretty" girl, played by David Hasselhoff's daughter who creepily looks just like him, the sneaking fat food, the boy drama, it is all there. Beware because you have to be willing to overlook Nikki Blonsky's annoying self. I cant stand her. But because she is the "mean" girl, and everyone hates her at camp, I can get on board with that. Worth the summer tv watch.

And, yes, there was a pun intended in the title of this post. I am so clever.

Let's move on to a more pressing issue: KFCs Double Down. If you havent seen the commercials, you may not know that the Double Down is a KFC fried chicken sandwich wherein the chicken acts as the bun, and there is bacon and a sauce in the middle.

You must know, I am here to defend this concoction!!!!

I saw the commercial, and, yes, it gets a lot of flack. It seems like a heart attack waiting to happen because for some reason, the fact that there is no bun and only fried chicken sicks people out.

HOWEVER, the main reason I am a fan (although I myself have not eaten one of these sandwiches, but I WOULD)is one simple reason: I have ordered that exact same dish at a restaurant---a legit, non-fast food restaurant! It wasnt called the Double Down, but it was served, and it was good, and no one thinks anything of it since it is on a nice plate and served at a nice restaurant.

Now I will tell you the story of how AJ got a free Double Down:
He played golf in the heat all day. He was hungry, but just wanted something small (didnt want to ruin his wonderful home-cooked dinner I had made him. HAHAHA). He passed a KFC and, although he wanted something small, the poster of the Double Down called to him. He had to stop. He went to the drive thru. He ordered, and waited. And waited more. He was pissed. There was no turning around though because it was one of those drive thrus where the curb is right there and you cant turn around, even if you regret your order! He was stuck, and had to wait for 25 minutes in his car in the drive thru!!!!! He finally got to the window, and the guy asked for his money.
Then, AJ thought to himself, "WWLD" (meaning, What Would Lyndsay Do?)? He knew there is no freaking way I would have waited that long and didnt come away with SOMETHING FREE. No way! They are serving ME! So, on that note, he said "You arent REALLY making me pay for that after I waited 25 minutes in your drive thru, are you?" The dude sort of gave him a look, saw that AJ was serious (of course!) and went to get his manager, who proceded to not only give AJ the Double Down FREE, but upgraded it to a meal with fries and a Diet Coke.

He said the Double Down was delish.

3 comments:

  1. The manager probably spit in his Coke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WWLD makes me laugh. That just might be the new, cool lingo at the Medical School. Ha Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! or should I say awesomenes?

    ReplyDelete