Sunday, November 21, 2010

Happy Thankgiving: Pilgrim Style

Remember when we by-chance decided to be in Gettysburg on their biggest day of the year (July 3) when they had celebrations and re-enactments and bugles? Well, Friday I got the idea that on Saturday we should drive down to Plymouth to see Plymouth Rock and the Mayflower--and eat at Red Robin (I already knew there was a Red Robin there, so that was part of the plan the whole time). That was all. Those 3 things, and then done with Plymouth.

Little did we know that the Saturday before Thanksgiving is the biggest celebration (well, maybe besides Thanksgiving Day itself) in Plymouth! We had no idea until we pulled into town, and saw signs saying "We love a parade! Park here!" So we did (and it was FREE!!!! Unheard of!!). And we were about a block away from the beginning of the parade--which had just started 5 minutes before we pulled up. AWESOME!!! We clearly have intuition on when to randomly show up at historical places on their holidays to maximize our experience. The parade was great: I posed with one of the high school flag teams, marched in front of a band at one point, almost stepped in horse dook, and...wait for it...even met Red Robin!!!!

I found out halfway through the parade that somehow my poor husband had never been to a parade. Like, ever. Wha??? We had so much fun, and got to see Plymouth Rock and the Mayflower II. And of course, the perfect day of celebration ended with a trip to my fave Red Robin!



I also loved that the longest line at the whole fair was for the McDonalds booth! Seriously, that is why I love America (and I am not saying that sarcastically).


HAPPY THANKSGIVING WEEK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment