Monday, September 27, 2010

Monday

We finally sat down to watch The Event this weekend. I feel like I dont really have enough information to make a judgment call yet, but it seems to be ok...with potential to go downhill very fast. Could be really great, too, so who knows. I wasnt really digging how they kept going backwards and forwards in time...haha coming from a mega-Lost fan, that seems like its not possible to be annoyed by that, but I was.

We re-started a tradition in our family this weekend: Saturday morning movies. While we were dating in college, AJ and I would always wake up on Saturday morning, go to a movie, and then eat a late breakfast/brunch. It was awesome. Lots of times, it ended up being a double feature after breakfast. And this weekend was no exception.

We snuck some McDonalds breakfast into the movie this time, and went to see Easy A at 9:30 a.m. I thought we would be the ONLY ones there, but there was actually several people there (by the way, movies before 11AM are less than half price). The movie was pretty funny; the part I laughed hardest at was when she was in the bedroom with the boy from Cougartown, and he said "What's that smell?" and it went down from there. SOOO funny I was crying. Although, why did they make Lisa Kudrow have an affair with that kid (who, btw, was Volcek from The OC!!!) That was totally unnecessary. Overall, pretty good movie, but not as good as I thought/heard it was. Maybe I had it hyped up too much.

Second movie up was The Town. Had to see it because it was taped basically in our backyard. And I dont mean that just because it was in Boston...I mean literally you see our backyard in the movie. It wasnt as good as I thought it was going to be, Blake Lively's part was WAY hyped up and completely useless, and the bank teller girl was so annoying because she liked Ben Affleck (criminal). I wont ruin the whole movie for you, but, honestly, I'd rather just watch The Departed again. It was way better and also taped in Boston. No Ben Affleck, but it does have Leonardo and Matt.

Has anyone seen the previews for that movie Catfish??? It is limited release right now, but looks so good (and its a SCARY movie!!)...so I think it may be our Saturday morning movie this weekend!

2 comments:

  1. i thought the same thing about the event which i just watched today. i watched blue bloods, it was good it had a little twist i wasn't expecting.
    btw i heard catfish isn't scary so don't get too excited.
    joe has a huge thing going on at work(until january)and he's started his masters, so he won't be watching anything with me so i guess i can start watching housewives and other such things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw Easy A, too, and was a bit let down. Don't get me wrong, it was funny (my favorite line "everyone knows the only thing worse than chlamydia is Florida..."), but no Mean Girls. I hated Amanda Bynes in that role and was totally weirded out by how bizarro she looked. But I LOVED that when Lisa Kudrow's character freaked out, she totally had a "Phoebe" moment.

    (Also, so funny you think of Cam Gidandet as being Volcek still... he has been in tons of things... including Twilight, but you wouldn't know that. :) Anyway, he is seriously cute most of the time. Very Liam-from-90210-ish.

    Anyway. I digress. About Catfish: that trailer got me just as they designed it to do. I'm way curious.

    ReplyDelete