Saturday, September 4, 2010

Sweet Caroline!

Hurricane? What hurricane? It barely even rained here, and we woke up today to an absolutely beautiful summer day (yes, still warm here thank goodness!). So, we said "What should we do today? How about we try and get tickets to the rescheduled Red Sox v. White Sox game today at 1?" OK! We were able to get a spanking deal on some Ah-Mazing tickets at Fenway. (5th row, peeps. Awesome) It was the perfect day for our first (and not last!) Red Sox game. Oddly enough, it was Manny Ramirez's first time back to Fenway since he left the team several years ago. It is odd because we were at the Dodgers game in L.A. the first time he played on their team after LEAVING the Sox! (He was sufficiently booed each time he got up to the plate by all Red Sox fans)

The first few innings of the game were sort of a blur once I realized we were sitting next to the pitcher's (Clay Buchholz)wife and new baby (adorable!). She was briefcase #27 girl on Deal or No Deal and has done a few other things too (check her out at this link) Apparently, he is quite the player (I am not talking baseball), too. Here she is with the cute little baby. Yes, I snuck a pic.



The next few innings were awesome for me, once we realized we were on TV the entire time. I was basically a celebrity for the day, and looking good with my new "Newbury Street haircut" (yes I got my hair cut at a Newbury Street salon and it was awesome).

Tonight? A little shin-dig at our place for Cambridge BYU fans to watch the game! Yay!

Here are our pics from Fenway. I got a ton of pics of players, but mostly Manny Ramirez (for obvious reasons), Ortiz (he was huge!), and Andruw Jones (old Braves player):

No comments:

Post a Comment