Friday, March 19, 2010

Friday

There are no gas stations around here that do "penny per ounce" of fountain drink on Fridays. Sad.

I have found a new giant gas station cookie here that gives the Get-n-Go in SD a run for their money.

There are now 4 ChickfilAs within 7 miles of my house (one opened up in the mall food court! Holler!).

There is no Sonic or Qdoba...or SO WE THOUGHT. We had given up on our beloved Qdoba Mexican Grill that we frequented at least once a week in Sioux Falls. Last weekend we drove up to Wilmington (YUCK) to go out with some friends. While trying to find a parking space, we drove down a really ghetto street (but, really, it is rare to find anywhere in Wilmington that ISNT in the ghetto). I was scared, until I looked to my left and saw it. A freaking QDOBA!!!!!!! We would have left our friends high and dry, but it was closed. So we now have plans to go back up there and eat to our hearts content.

SOUTHLAND is back...but now on TNT. I totally forgot to mention this show on Tuesday nights. Ryan from The OC is still on there, and it really is a good cop show. Guess who is also now on it? Sucre from Prison Break! hahaha Watch this show...its good.

DONT WATCH the new show Parenthood. I was really excited about this show because I used to LOVE the movie Parenthood with Steve Martin ("do you feel like you need to throw up?" "OKAY" blah!). I feel like the previews somehow led me to believe that this show was going to be sort of like the movie (SPOILER: it ISNT). It was bad. Like, Brothers and Sisters wannabe drama BAD. Not funny at all. Not even a comedy! Dont bother with this one.

What about The Marriage Ref? I watched the first episode, and then we remembered to DVR last night. The first episode was actually pretty entertaining. The lady who wouldnt let her husband use the dining room because it could only be used on Thanksgiving? That was hilarious! I need to watch another episode to see if it really is still funny, or if it was just funny to me because AJ was working a 24 hour shift when I watched it alone at home with no other adult contact...

2 comments:

  1. Joe recognized sucre last night, but we couldn't remember his name. We like Southland. I have a couple of marriage refs to watch too. The preview one with Kelly Rippa and Alec Baldwin was really funny.
    Too bad about parenthood. I've have them recorded but only watched the first half of 1st episode and Joe said he didn't want to watch it so I haven't gone back, but it looked funnier than it was.
    Glad you found a qdoba and have an abundance of Chicfilas. I wish we had a stand alone ours is only in the Mall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Marriage Ref! I think it's entertaining to see married couples fight over funny stuff! Mostly all we see is people getting the big D b/c somebody cheats! haha. I love Jerry Seinfeld, too, so I'm pretty sure i'd still watch it even if it wasn't funny to me. :)

    ReplyDelete