Thursday, July 22, 2010

Reflections

I got sick Monday night. BLAH. Who gets sick in the middle of summer? I dont think I have ever been sick in the middle of summer, except for that one time in the 6th or
7th grade when I got food poisoning from a Burger King chicken sandwich (and I was convinced I had meningitis, but that is neither here nor there). I have not eaten a BK chicken sandwich since that day.

Anyway, since I was sick the last few days, I had lots of time to reflect. And by "reflect" I mean sleep and watch TV. Here are some things I reflected upon this week :
-I now know how to have a "Martha Stewart Style" successful Lobster Boil! (I do not eat seafood)
-I learned about a lady who wrote a book called "I Love my kids, I Hate my Life." What a mean, rude lady!
-I re-newed by love for Harry Conick, Jr. NOT for his music, which, for the record, I am totally NOT into...but for him as a funny, funny person. He makes me laugh.
-I learned about Skin Bleaching: what it is, where you can get it, and who does it.
- Finally watched the Hannah Montana Movie! It did not disappoint!
-I committed to myself (after seeing the preview a gazillion times) to go and see the lame movie Charlie St. Cloud just to look at Zac Efron.

That is about it.

I watched MTV's If You Really Knew Me, where high schoolers got together into groups and were encouraged to open up and let their classmates know who they really are, so they wont judge others harshly without knowing them. Now, I have mixed feelings about this. I totally think it was a good idea for people to be more open and inviting others not like them to be in their "group." The problem I have with this show is that they totally coaxed these teens into thinking that their problems are so individualized, and that their lives are so hard, and no one has ever been through what they are going through. And I think that is so untrue. The fact is, almost all of those teens on the show were suffering from the SAME problems...and, for the most part (of course there are a few exceptions), most of those kids probably have it pretty good in the grand scheme of things! I feel like they were making these kids MORE depressed than they already were... I dont know, it was just weird.

I am so glad that that girl got kicked of Top Chef last night. She was annoying. And I do not like that they let the other teams completely judge who went to elimination! It was obvious that they all wanted Kenny to go home because he is competition. But, geez that one judge sure did let Kenny have it! She was rude.

If you arent watching Louis on FX, you should probably tune in. It is hilarious. Warning: if you cant appreciate Its Always Sunny... then you probably wont like this.

I still have yet to watch Secret Life, Pretty Little Liars, or my fave TEEN MOM!! I saw on the first few minutes of Teen Mom that Farrah (most annoying teen mom ever) had her mom arrested for punching her in the face.

WHOAH update: Farrahs mom has a mental illness (big surprise, right?) AND she had knives in hand and ready to use when she punched Farrah. So not cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment